Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So its August 31st...

So its August 31st, just one day before the beginning of September! As I sit here thinking of how its already almost September, I look back on this year so far and all I can say is that I am blessed!

At the beginning, back in January I remember feeling down and wanting so much and just trying to be patient and wait on the Lord's perfect timing. I was so very anxious to sell our house and move. April was getting close and we were still in the same house and my baby was going to come soon and would have no nursery. Ever since the shooting just a couple houses down the street and we were awake for it all, Mikel and I didn't really sleep one peaceful night again. I just felt scared and unsecured in that house/neighborhood from November until we finally got a offer on the house at the end of January! Praise the Lord. I look back and am SO very thankful because the way the housing market is right now we could have been still waiting to sell the house. I am so THANKFUL God provided a buyer for that house and we SOLD it without any problems! Although, I do miss my grandma just right around the corner.

Another thing, as I look back at this year so far. I remember looking for houses the next weekend after we got the offer. The price range we started looking in, I found NOTHING I would be happy with and thankful I didn't settle with one of those houses. After looking the whole weekend, I had an eye on 2 houses in my neighborhood now that at the time was over our budget. I decided I just wanted to go look at them so we did and the minute I walked into our house now, Mikel and I knew this was the house! Praise the Lord we were able to afford it and are loving it and still amazed at how God works because I would never imagine I would be living here. As a child, I lived in apartments, trailers, very small houses and so even through my house today isn't huge, I feel VERY blessed to be living here and my heart is so thankful because its in a great area and we are in a great school district!

Then soon after the move, my little baby boy came along! He is the BEST baby ever!! I am so thankful God gave him to Mikel and I as well! He completes our family!
So there you go, just a little bit of how thankful I am today as we begin the fall of the year. Thus far, God has blessed me and pray the rest of the year goes as great! I know its getting ready to get better too, cause its almost my birthday on Sept 7!! Yea, I will be 26! LOL
I can't wait to decorate for the fall in our new house!!! I love decorating for fall and Christmas! my 2 favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment